Now a regular session at IIeX NA, I’m delighted to introduce you to the speakers taking part in the New Speaker Track! These folks have never spoken at a conference before so let’s give them a hearty hello and welcome!
Today we meet Fran Benoist, Thinker Manager AT Watch Me Think. Find Fran on LinkedIn.
- Why have you never spoken at a conference before? Honestly, I always felt waaaaay underqualified. Whenever I’ve attended an event before the speakers seemed to be big deals within their companies and had more experience than you can shake a stick at.
- Why did you decide to speak at IIeX? Because the New Speaker Track is an antidote to that. I was also intrigued to see if it was something I was able to / would enjoy doing, so why not give it a bash? Oh, and the opportunity to check out Austin helped…
- What is your advice to people who have never spoken at an event before? Find a face in the audience who is smiley and talk to them for a bit, then move on to another smiley face and talk to them. I like that.
- What are you looking forward to the most about IIeX? The relief of it being over with? I jest. I’m actually looking forward to getting up there and seeing if I can do it. What’s the worst the can happen?
- What do you hope to learn from this event? Becoming a better public speaker is going to be a continuous process and probably a bit of an uncomfortable one too. I’m hoping IIeX will provide the learnings to kick start that.