Now a regular session at IIeX NA, I’m delighted to introduce you to the speakers taking part in the New Speaker Track! These folks have never spoken at a conference before so let’s give them a hearty hello and welcome!
Today we meet Kristy Ward, an Analyst at SKIM. Find Kristy on LinkedIn.
- Why have you never spoken at a conference before? I am early on in my career, so have not had the opportunity to yet!
- What tip have you received that was most helpful in preparing to be a speaker? To take it one step at a time! Much like running a marketing research project, you must go through each step of the process to get the presentation done. So, outline, create a game plan, and then start creating your presentation.
- What would you say/recommend to other people who have never spoken at a conference before? If you are given the opportunity to, go for it! Everyone at SKIM has been incredibly supportive, and I have already learned so much from people in the company who are pros at speaking at conferences.
- Why do you want to speak at IIeX? I volunteered at IIeX North America in June 2016 as a graduate student, and it ignited my passion for marketing research! I loved meeting professionals in all different roles in the industry, as well as getting to see the “behind the scenes” of how a large conference like IIeX is run. I am so excited to have the opportunity to be a part of it, but in a different type of role, this year!
- What are you most looking forward to about IIeX? I’m very excited to get to go back knowing more about the industry this time than when I was a graduate student. Also, I am just so excited to have the opportunity to speak at such a large, distinguished conference so early on in my career.
Kristy Ward is an Analyst in the SKIM Atlanta office, advising technology and telecommunications clients on consumer insights. She is an expert in claims and message testing, as well as turning insights into visual, compelling reports. She holds a Master’s of Marketing Research from the University of Georgia.