My name is Annie Pettit and I’m a Canadian market researcher. The Research Speakers Club is managed by me and run by volunteers to give our research colleagues the opportunity to gain experience and become great speakers.
The club is for people who have NEVER spoken in front of an audience before. It’s for women and men in the research, data, analytics, tech, and statistics industry. It’s for introverts, extroverts, quiet people, and shy people (I feel your pain). Everyone is welcome. You will never be put on the spot in front of the group to talk or speak or comment or contribute verbally.
Most chapters meet every two months for 6o to 90 minutes which leaves time for up to three people to give a talk. In the future, we will cover specific issues such as coming up with topics, writing speaking proposals, handling unengaged audiences, and finding your niche. For specified events, we will ask experienced speakers to come and share their experiences and offer critiques of talks. Until that day, these meetings are only for people who have limited speaking experience.
You can join any of these chapters! Everyone of these people is volunteering their personal time as Chair of their chapter because they want to help.
- Annie Pettit chairs the Toronto chapter
- Ric Hobbs chairs the Ottawa chapter
- Betty Adamou chairs the London chapter
- Pravin Shekar chairs the Chennai chapter
- Tatiana Melani Tosi chairs the São Paulo chapter
- Ryota Sano chairs the Tokyo chapter
- Jaceey Sebastian chairs the Atlanta chapter
- Natasha Stevens chairs the Boston chapter
- Patrice Wooldridge chairs the Chicago chapter
- Rick Blake chairs the Hartford chapter
- Karen Hardie chairs the Sydney chapter
- Kerry Hecht Labsuirs chairs the Los Angeles chapter
- Shannon Danzy chairs the New York chapter
- Isabelle Landreville chairs the Montreal chapter
- Roddy Knowles chairs the Charleston chapter
If you want to hear about starting a chapter in your city, please email me (annie at peanutlabs dot com).
Follow the blog via email to receive updates from this website. That’s how I will share info about upcoming events and tell you when speaker slots are full.
These events are free!